4.03.2012

My Friend Mac, Lynd Ward


Today's vintage children's book is My Friend Mac, The Story of Little Baptiste and the Moose by May McNeer and Lynd Ward. This is a story about a young boy, Baptiste, who is lonely and finds a friend in a little moose. He must learn to let him go after he becomes too large to keep as a pet. Of course all ends well for both Baptiste and Mac, the moose. Very nice two color illustrations by Lynd Ward.







My Friend Mac
By May McNeer and Lynd Ward
E.M. Hale and Co., 1964

11 comments:

  1. Precious! I was just reading about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures. Makes me want my own moose :-) What an outstanding job you've done with this blog, simply wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing. Such beautiful compositions. I love the use of white space! Do you mostly focus on vintage kids books or do newer titles get a look in too? Thanks for sharing, great site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the slow reply, the focus of my blog is on vintage books. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jil,
    I must remember to think first, then speak. I just read the about section :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My great aunt Clarissa gave this to my brother Christmas 1960. Such a sweet story and memorable art work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my favorite book as a kid. I remember it fondly and that says something. Im 49 yo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when that happens, good books create special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was one of my favorite books as a child. I wish I still had it. It left a forever impression. I must have read it hundreds of times, often just to ponder over the pictures.

    ReplyDelete